Tuesday, August 21, 2012

on forgetfulness

Yes, there are a lot of jokes out there about forgetfulness as we age, but unfortunately, I've had this trait my whole life, which makes me very concerned that it may very well get worse!  Ack!  Now, what was I saying?  Oh yeah...forgetfulness. 

I promised myself that I would write one blog a day until nirvana happened.  Only thing is, I forgot to post a blog yesterday.  See what I'm saying?  I can't even keep my mind straight with such a simple task as one blog every day. 

I wish I could blame this one on that other woman, the one that keeps following me, reminding me of my age, but as I said, I've had this my whole life...this is not her fault.  I just wish she'd keep her mouth shut when I do forget things and not try to press me into admitting my forgetfulness is due to aging.  It's not. I'm still only 42. And I've had this trait my whole life, haven't I?  I think I have, that is.  "Try to remember, Kay," she whispers to me, with a slight smile on her face.  Or is that a smirk?

Who is that woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment