Saturday, August 18, 2012

on Sephora

I ran out of my face moisturizer the other day and realized that I needed to update my foundation and eye shadows as well.  I entered Sephora and looked around at all the tempting displays of goodies.  I held myself in and stayed focused on what I needed.  Moisturizer, foundation, and eye shadow.  Enough for one day, I thought to myself as I gazed longingly at the colorful displays.

A sales lady came up to me and asked if she could help me find anything.  She was in her 20's and had a sincere smile.  Her makeup was not overdone, like so many cosmetic sales ladies are, so I trusted her immediately.  I told her the brand of foundation I liked and she took me right over to that counter.  I then remembered I needed some new blush, too.  She was excited when I said I wanted to try a bronzer, as my 16 year old uses this and it looks great on her.  She pulled out a beautiful bronzer and started to put on the foundation and bronzer on me.  I was having a great time! This saleslady knew exactly what I needed to freshed up my look!

She then took me over to the eye shadow counter and picked out a darling 5-color combo for me.  Oh, then I remembered my eyeliner had dried up and I needed to freshen that up, too.  The saleslady knew just the brand I needed.  And I asked what she would suggest about eyebrow color as my brows are extremely light due to being blonde.  She knew just the gel that would look terrific on me. 

All this in just 15 minutes.  I was in heaven and got so excited that I almost left the store without my moisturizer.  My saleslady remembered and took me right over to that counter, too.  $250 later, I walked out of that store with a darling Sephora bag in hand, full of wonderful samples that were dropped in by the cashier.  What a great time I had in that store!

I went home and immediately put all my new goodies away and threw away my dried up eyeliner and blush that was so-yesterday.  I looked up into the mirror, expecting to see my 42 year old reflection, ready to put on new makeup, only to see her again.  Yes, that other woman who won't leave me alone...the one that insists that I pay attention to my tired eyes, my thinning lips, and the deepening lines between my eyes before I play with my new makeup. 

Who is that woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment