Saturday, August 18, 2012

on new ideas

The idea for this blog began one day when I stepped out of the shower, feeling incredibly rejuvenated and full of energy.  I had been working a lot of hours for a special project and was appreciating my energy level of that day.  I felt like I was in the prime of my life and could do anything I set my mind to.  After all, that's what being 42 is all about.  Wisdom of the years, with strength and courage that did not come to me in my youth.  That's me - strong and invincible, I thought to myself that day.  Man, I felt great!

I stepped in front of the mirror ready to dry my hair and put on my days' makeup, only to be accosted by a stranger!  Fortunately, the stranger was a woman, as I would have really freaked out if she had been anything other.  But this woman was not 42, she was much older.  And her eyes looked tired and puffy from working too many hours over the last several weeks.  She slumped a little bit, too, and had a belly on her! 

I was stunned and squinted my eyes as I looked more closely at this woman.  She did not smile back at me.  In fact, she looked just as surprised as I was feeling at the moment.  And in that moment of "ah ha!" I realized I had a blog.  And...

Who is that woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment